Health Homes provide comprehensive care coordination and care management services for Medicaid patients with complex combinations of chronic conditions and behavioral health disorders. Once enrolled, the program provides each member with a dedicated care manager to provide intensive care management and help members navigate the medical, mental health, substance use and social services systems.
The goal of the program is to help patients better understand and manage all the care and services they need to become and stay healthy. Ultimately, this means fewer trips to the emergency room, an increase in routine/preventative care and services from doctors and other providers or attaining stable housing.
The Acacia Health Home is a member of the Bronx Accountable Healthcare Network (BAHN) and the Greater Buffalo United Accountable Healthcare Network (GBUAHN). Services are FREE and becoming a member is by choice. Individuals do not have to switch their doctor. Acacia Health Home programs improve care coordination and service integration that are essential to improving health and wellness.
Our integrated services include:
- Comprehensive Care Management
- Primary Care
- Behavioral Health
- Integrated Care Management
- Personalized Health Assessment
- Housing Resources & Counseling
- Food Programs
- Social Services
- Assistance with Health Insurance
- Help with appointments
- Help with transportation to medical appointments
- Information on wellness activities, including how to eat well and stay active
- Education and training workshops in English & Spanish
Our experienced staff includes:
- Care Managers: Provide monthly servicing once a member is enrolled (as per services listed above).
- Health Navigators: conduct outreach and enrollment into the program, and assist Care Managers in care coordination and navigation.
Acacia Care Managers provide their members with an array of services which help manage the member’s care holistically, including: developing a plan of care outlining health goals and needed services, connecting to healthcare providers, connecting to mental health and substance abuse providers, connecting to social services (such as food, benefits, transportation, legal services) and other community programs, support during transitions (such as inpatient discharge, jail to community), and direct follow-up after an ED visit or admission.
To be eligible for Health Home, an individual must:
- Be a Medicaid recipient, AND
- Have one (1) single qualifying condition of either AIDS/HIV or a Serious Mental Illness (SMI), OR
- Have two or more chronic conditions (ex: diabetes and hypertension)
For those interested in referring or enrolling in our program, you may contact us at HHReferrals@promesa.org or 917-504-6545. We also accept walk-ins!
For more information, please contact the Health home at:
New York City Health Home
966 Prospect Avenue, Bronx, NY 10459
Buffalo Health Home
254 Virginia Street, Buffalo, NY 14201