Greenhope was established in 1975 in a convent that was transformed into a comprehensive residential treatment program for formerly incarcerated women, providing inpatient and outpatient services. Over the years, it developed formal relationships with the criminal justice system and expanded its work to include services for women on parole and those referred by the courts as an alternative to incarceration (ATI). Greenhope became an affiliate of Acacia Network in 2016.
We currently operate a residential program for adult women seeking treatment for a substance use disorder, fully licensed by the New York State Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS). We accept pregnant women, mothers with children, mothers working to regain supervision of their children, and/or women not currently parenting, as well as women who are homeless or who are at risk of becoming homeless. We also accept most insurance plans, including Medicaid and Medicaid-pending status.
- Integrated Care
- Experienced Clinical Staff
- Referrals to Primary Care
- Individual & Group Counseling
- Mental Health Services Onsite or by Referral
- Referrals for Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Aftercare Referral Services
- Family Support Groups & Parenting Classes
- Onsite Childcare Services
- Community School Nearby through Grade 5
- Educational & Vocational Services
- Benefits Enrollment
For more information, contact:
435 East 119th St.
New York, NY 10035